Monday, June 18, 2018

Catching the Queen for Father's Day

I was going to meet my dad up in Port Huron yesterday at Freighters but after having to take M-59 home, I was hoping he would call and want to meet somewhere else.  He did call and so I decided to take him to the Twisted Rooster in Belleville.  I think both restaurants are owned by the same company, so they have similar fare.  Anyway, the restaurant was pretty good.

Before going to the restaurant, I saw it was about 747 time at the airport, so I asked him if he minded going to the airport for a few minutes to catch her.  He didn't, so we did.
 First up was a 737 coming in from Salt Lake City.
 As I was checking FlightRadar, I noticed another four engine plane that was tracking towards the Detroit area.  Only this one was at 40,000 feet and flying from Frankfurt to Houston airport.  It was an A380 and I hope to catch one a little closer.
 Next was a CRJ-900 from St Louis.
 It was followed by an A320 from Boston.
 Normally, I don't post two pictures of A320s, but I liked this one.
 Another 737, this one was coming from Las Vegas.
 An A330 arriving from Paris.
 This 757 was coming in from Los Angeles.
 I like the 757, so I don't mind posting two pictures of them.
 Sadly, the 747 went on the other runway and this was the best picture of the bunch.  Sadly, when the temperature is soaring, its not conducive to good pictures.
And an MD-90 for my final shot.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Greatest Fathers Day ever with a person I am proud to call my son.