Monday, June 25, 2018

Sunday Chasing the Queen

I wanted to go boatwatching yesterday but before boatwatching I decided to catch some planes first.  Mainly I wanted to catch the Queen.
 The planes were landing to the south and I heard that 21L was closed, so I went to my little spot on Wick Road.  First plane up was an MD-90 arriving from Minneapolis.
 It was followed by a CRJ-900 from St Louis, MO.
 Next up was another CRJ-900.  This particular one was from Houston.  I can't imagine flying on one of these for a two hour or more flight though.
 This 737 was coming in from Midway Airport in Chicago.
 This plane was kind of weird.  It was arriving from Paris but I think it might have missed its approach, so it had to do a go around.
 It was followed by an A330 from Amsterdam.
 A Boeing 717 from Kansas City.
 Another Boeing 717 from O'Hare.
 This 737 was coming from Phoenix.
 Second attempt for the A330 from Paris.
 A CRJ-900 from Kentucky.
 Soon the Queen appeared.  Sadly, she was on the other runway.
 Oh well, the shot isn't too bad, I guess.
 I couldn't make out the tail number on this one.
 A 757 arriving from Atlanta.
 I decided to stick around for the A350.
 It was coming in from Shanghai.
 Two beacon shots.
 An ERJ-190 arriving from Monterrey.
 Another shot of it.  I love this tail art.
 I waited around to catch the 757 from LAX.

It was pretty cool.  After catching the planes, I went boatwatching.

No comments: