Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Mesabi Miner Heading up to Silver Bay

On Sunday, I decided that I wanted to catch some ships.  I slept in kind of late and I already missed some pretty frantic action but there were still a couple of ships passing.  I headed over to Belle Isle.
 When I checked Marine Traffic, the Mesabi Miner was at the Mistersky Fuel Docks getting some fuel.  I wasn't sure when she arrived there but I was hoping it wasn't too long.
 I'm not sure where she was coming from but she was heading to Silver Bay, MN.  I'm going to guess she would be going to pick up iron there.
 Silver Bay is probably about 100 miles or so to the northeast of Duluth, MN.  I hear that it's pretty nice and I was almost going to head there.
 It would take her at least another 48 hours from this point to arrive in Silver Bay.
 But it was cool to see her.
 A beam shot.
And she continues up into Lake St. Clair.

No comments: