Sunday, February 10, 2019

Catching the Algosea

After the Welland Canal and the Soo Locks close, there is very minimal traffic that sails on the Lakes.  That's not to say there is no traffic though.
 There is usually a group of tankers that continue sailing through the winter.  Their bows are usually designed to cut through the ice.
 In this case one of them was the Algosea, she was being followed pretty closely by another tanker.
 The Algosea was on her way to Nanticoke which is pretty close to the Welland Canal.
 I think she was on her way from Sarnia.
 I'm not sure if she was going to Nanticoke to deliver or pick up.
 But I think she is usually carrying fuel oil.
 Based on her profile, I think she was loaded.
 At any rate, it was nice to see a ship.
 And it was a nice day to see a ship, even if it was a bit cold.
 I kind of like the way the water looks when it is hovering around freezing.
 A beam shot.
 She passes by.
And one more shot.

No comments: