Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Super Day for Planewatching

As I said in my last post, I wasn't content to just catch the Wolverine.  After looking at FlightRadar, it looked like a good day to go planewatching.
 A 757 arriving from Seattle.
 As I was waiting for the next plane, I saw this guy passing over McDonalds.  I don't think he had clearance.
 An American Eagle CRJ-700 arriving from Washington DC.
 A Delta A350 coming in from Amsterdam.
 Even though I am more partial to the 787, this plane is growing on me.
 And one more angle of that plane.
 An American Eagle E135 arriving from LaGuardia.
 This plane is kind of interesting.  It has the tail number of N802NW and was arriving from Charles DeGualle Airport in Paris, France.  I also caught it on Saturday as it was arriving from Amsterdam.  After it landed, it spent a couple hours in Detroit and turned around to fly to Paris, France.  These planes get quite a bit of mileage.
 An Air Canada CRJ-100 arriving from Toronto.
 A 767 arriving from Frankfurt, Germany.
 It's pretty neat to see these planes.
 Next up was an A340 from Frankfurt.  This one was being flown by Lufthansa.
 This particular one is an A340-600 which is the largest of the A340 family.
 It can carry 379 passengers.  Production in this aircraft has ended though.  Airbus is looking to use the larger variants of the A350 to replace it.
 A 737 arriving from Nashville.
 An A320 arriving from Washington DC.
 Big Mac Attack.
 An A321 arriving from Phoenix.
 An E190 belonging to AeroMexico arriving from Queretaro.  This city is located about 132 miles northwest of Mexico City.  It is the capital of the state with the same name and was settled in 200 AD by Mesoamerican groups moving north.  It got its current named in 1531 by the Spanish.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from Philadelphia.
This plane had a tail number of N988DN which would normally be used by one of the McDonnell-Douglas planes.  So it kind of threw me off.
 An A321 arriving from Los Angeles.
 A 737 arriving from Fort Myers.
 And this was an MD-90.
 It was arriving from Windsor Locks, CT.
 Beacon shot.
 Bacon shot part II.
 An A321 belonging to Frontier Airlines.  This also was arriving from Fort Myers.  The tail art is named "Midnight the Wolf".
 An A321 arriving from Atlanta.
 As I saw there was a 757 on FlightRadar, I had to stick around to catch it.
 This particular one was coming from Fort Lauderdale.
 I loved the clouds in the background.
 Same with this one.
 Had to get the final angle.
 A United E175 coming in from Houston.
 A 737 coming from San Diego.
 Normally when I'm on this side of the airport, I watch planes that are landing on 21L which is the runway that is furthest east.  Very rarely, I will see a plane that lands on 21R. This makes it fly almost over me.  This particular one was landing on 21R and was arriving from Baltimore.
 An AeroMexico 737 arriving from Mexico City.  I like the bare metal look.  Sadly, this look is going to be a look of the past.
And my last plane was an A320 arriving from LaGuardia.

No comments: