Sunday, February 10, 2019

Catching the Morro Bay

After I finished catching the train, I decided to take a look at Marine Traffic to see if there was anything stirring in the area.  Sure enough, there was, so I decided to head down to Detroit.
 I thought that I was going to catch the Samuel Risley but she was waiting at the head of Belle Isle for a ship that was heading outbound.  I was a little disappointed at that since that was the reason I went down.
 When I saw the Morro Bay heading out of her dock in Detroit, I was happy because I figured it was almost as good as catching the Risley.
 It didn't look like she was needed in this area but maybe there was some ice bunched up in other parts of the Detroit River.
 She gets out in the channel.
 And starts pouring on some smoke.
 I still don't think there was much ice here but she was definitely doing some work.
 I could hear chunks of ice hitting the hull.
 And she passes by.

One more shot before moving on.

No comments: