Saturday, November 9, 2019

All for the Star Alliance

After catching my two ships, I decided to head over to the airport to catch some planes.  I was hoping to catch the 757s from the west coast and the Lufthansa A340.  Because they typically arrive at opposite sides of the airport, I opted for the west side of the airport.
 It was a nice enough day, so the west side of the airport wasn't too bad.  The planes on the other side of the airport were a little hazy but not too bad.  This is the exit for the airport.
 And the 757 in the picture was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
 A Delta Airlines A321 arriving from Las Vegas.
 This was a 757-300 arriving from Seattle.
 This is by far my favorite civilian plane.
 One more shot of that.
 It was followed by an A320Neo belonging to Spirit Airlines.  NEO is the name that Airbus gives to the next generation versions of its planes.  It has an improved engine and avionics.
 This particular one was arriving from Minneapolis.
 An American Airlines 737 coming in from Dallas Fort Worth.
 A Delta Airlines A320 arriving from Jacksonville.  Normally, planes coming from the east land on the east side of the airport, but this one didn't.
 The Lufthansa A340 arriving from Frankfurt.  I think we get an A350 from Munich from Lufthansa next year.
 A CRJ flies in from my hometown. Some fun facts:
It spent 8 minutes on the ground at Tri-City and 10 minutes on the ground in Detroit. It spent 22 minutes in the air. It reached an altitude of 7,000 feet. It spent 8 minutes at that altitude. It flew to THEEE and LAYKS2 and landed on Runway 22R.
 I normally don't take many pictures of these, but I noticed a beacon shot.
 This Spirit Airlines A320 arriving from Kansas City.
 An Embrear E170 coming in from Columbus.  This plane actually belongs to Republic Airlines (not related to the one from earlier).  This one operates for Delta Express.  The Republic callsign is Brickyard.
 It was followed by an A220.
 This particular one was arriving from Dallas.
 A beacon shot.
 An almost beam shot.
 I ended my day with the other 757.
 This particular one was arriving from Los Angeles.
One more shot of her because I like these planes.

No comments: