Saturday, November 9, 2019

Catching the Kaye E. Barker at Mistersky

As I was checking Marine Traffic this morning, I saw that there were a couple of ships that I was interested in.  This ship ended up winning out because I thought I would get cooler pictures of her.
 I saw that she was headed to Dearborn which meant I had a chance to catch her on the Rough River.  I like catching ships on the Rouge River and I haven't done it enough this year.  As I made it to the area, I saw that she wasn't going up the Rouge but was instead heading to the fuel docks.
So I made a detour and went to Riverside Park where I was able to get a couple of pictures of her docked.  As I got there, I saw that it was pretty windy and it seemed like she wasn't going up the Rouge.  When I checked Marine Traffic later, she did end up going up the river but not as far as she normally would, so I might not have gotten the pictures I wanted anyway.
I normally don't like pictures of ships docked but Zug Island provides a pretty neat background.

No comments: