Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Mississagi Passes Belle Isle

On Sunday morning, I checked AIS but I wasn't sure if I would be able to catch anything because my Dad was coming down.  I saw that Mississagi was coming down and if rumors prove to be correct, this may be her last season.
 That meant I would have to go down an catch her.  I figured I would have time to catch her and meet up with my dad.
 About a couple weeks ago, the company that owns Lower Lakes ended up buying the American Valor from Algoma.  It is believe that American Valor would be replacing this ship.
 While it is cool that the American Valor will be coming back out, it is a shame that another classic laker will be facing the breakers.
 I think I heard that Mississagi was due for her five year certification this year and may need some work, so I guess it's no surprise that her owners would be looking for a replacement.
 At any rate, I'll try to catch these ships when I can.
 A shot of her stern as she heads down to Cleveland.
 Another shot of her stern as she passes the whiskey plant in Windsor.
A shot of her passing the grain elevator in Windsor.

No comments: