Friday, November 22, 2019

The Calumet Passes Port Huron

So last Saturday, I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch a boat.  Well, there was one that got me interested in heading up there.  The first two I saw were kind of bonuses.
 First up was the Calumet.  I think she was heading up from Sandusky.  She actually looked like she was loaded.  That is unusual for a ship that is heading upbound.
 She was on her way to Alpena.  I suspect that she was delivering stone.
 It was pretty amazing how much water she was pushing.
 As you can see, we still had some snow on the ground last Saturday.  It is now gone and we aren't expecting more snow until next weekend.
 The headshot that I like getting when I'm in Port Huron.
 She makes the turn for the channel heading out of the river and onto Lake Huron.
 I kind of like the sky.
 Another shot as she gets close to the Blue Water Bridge.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 It was a little on the cold side.
 I kind of like this shot.
 And she passes the Blue Water Bridge.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on her way.

No comments: