Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Algoma Innovator Passing St. Clair

I don't remember where she was heading but I remember that she was coming from Goderich, Ontario.
 That means she would have had a load of salt.  I'm kind of surprised that a boat that new would be carrying salt but it's possible it was a port that only a boat of her configuration would be able to carry.
 Salt is a pretty corrosive cargo and typically vessels that are nearing the end of their lifespan will carry it.
 But it's possible she has holds that are designed to carry it.
 She is being followed by the subject of my next post.   It is unusual for me to see two ships this close.  Normally the other ship is a little further behind.
 Another shot of both of them.
 You can kind of see the other ship behind the boom.
 The almost beam shot.  I kind of liked the clouds in this shot.
 More of a beam shot.
 She continues on her way.
One more stern shot.

No comments: