Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Federal Saguenay Goes On her Way

Since the next ship was following fairly closely behind the Algoma Innovator, I didn't have to wait too long to catch her.
 It seems that she is a first time visitor to this blog.
 But I'm pretty sure it is not her first visit to the Lakes, as she was built in 1996.  That makes her pretty old for a salty.
 She is 656 feet long by 77 feet wide.  That means she can fit through the Welland Canal.
 She can carry a load of 34,000 tons.
 Based on the fact that she's been in Montreal since Thursday, I'm going to guess that is where she was heading.
 I think she might be carrying a load because if I remember correctly, she was coming over from Chicago.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 I'm not sure where she is headed after Montreal.  I presume she will continue to an overseas destination.
And a stern shot.

No comments: