Sunday, November 24, 2019

Catching the "Polar Express"

So I went up to Owosso yesterday in the hopes of catching the Pere Marquette 1225 as it does the North Pole Express.  Apparently, they can't call it the Polar Express anymore (even though it's the train the movie train is based on).  Anyway, it was a nice enough day.
 Unfortunately, when I got there I found out that the Pere Marquette 1225 wouldn't be pulling the train.  They had an issue with the boiler.  I'm glad I just drove up there to get pictures and not pay to ride the train.
 Oh well.  I figured it still be a good chance to practice when I go back to catch the Pere Marquette.
 I found a pretty nice spot where I could catch it as it pulled out of the yard.  I just wish there was more in the background.
 Another angle of the train.
 Unfortunately, shortly after this picture, I was shooting into the sun.
 One of two cabooses that used to belong to the Ann Arbor Railroad.  I think it costs $1000 to ride on one of these but apparently, it is first class service.
 The trailing engine.  I stuck around to catch the whole train because I was hoping that the Pere Marquette may have been trailing.
 Despite not catching the Pere Marquette, I still headed over to Carland because I wanted the practice.  I was able to get a spot that I don't normally get.  It wasn't too long before the train appeared.
 Not  quite as cool as a train puffing a cloud of steam but still not too bad.  I think yesterday would have been a good day for steam as it was pretty cold.
 And the train passing the grain elevator.
 Kind of a shot I like.
One more shot of the train before moving on.  I will definitely got back up to get pictures of the steam engine.  Those shots are too cool pass up on.

No comments: