Thursday, November 26, 2020

Catching Up With the Lee A. Tregurtha

 So after catching the Edson on Saturday,  I looked at Marine Traffic and I saw that I had a chance to catch the Lee A. Tregurtha as she passed Port Huron.  She's been laid up for much of the year and this was the first chance that I had to catch her.  So I decided to head over to Port Huron from Bay City.

I made it in just enough time.  She was making the turn past the Sarnia docks in to the rest of the river until Lake Huron.
It was a pretty nice day but a little on the sunny side.
Since I had my drone with me, I was happy because I haven't got shots of her with my drone yet.
She makes the turn towards leaving the channel.
and the headshot.
She turns towards heading out to Lake Huron.
I think I like these angles.
They kind of give you the size of the ship.
And then I switched over to my drone.   Unfortunately, I was shooting right into the sun at this angle.
But after a little adjustment, I like this shot.
She came up pretty quickly.
And I love the blue of the water contrasted against the hull of the ship.
And she sails out into Lake Huron.
For some reason, I like this view.

No comments: