Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Walk Through Chicago - Part I

After the Train Day exhibit, I was thinking about heading over to the Shedd Aquarium.  I figured that I would take the Water Taxi over there.
 Looking down the street.
 As I was waiting for the taxi, I decided to watch some of the boats passing by.
 One of the tour boats passing by.
 And my ride over to Navy Pier.
 The river is a pretty nice place to get some pictures of the buildings.
 I kind of liked this shot.
 Continue down the river.  It was a little foggy on Saturday and that made for some pretty nice pictures.
 A Chicago Police Boat.
 Looking up at the Wrigley Tower.
 A view of the taxi.
 Looking back at the Wrigley Tower.

 A statue at Navy Pier.
 Looking down Navy Pier.
 A tour boat named after Cap Streeter.  He was born in 1837 near Flint, Michigan.  His legend is that a storm blew his boat on a sand bar near Chicago.  From that, he built a development.  Eventually, this land would come to be known as Streeterville.  The truth is a little more muddy.
 The water taxi that would take me over to Shedd Aquarium.
 A view of Navy Pier from the water.
 As I said, it was pretty foggy.  That made for an interesting looking skyline.
 So I kept taking pictures of the skyline as I passed it.
 A pier light.
 Another lighthouse.


 I kind of like this view of the skyline.
 I kind of liked the way the sailboat looked.
Adler Planetarium.

No comments: