Thursday, May 28, 2015

American Courage on Memorial Day Weekend

I managed to catch the next ship in the Locks.  I decided to get pictures of her there.
 The ship in question was named the American Courage which is kind of funny since Memorial Day weekend is all about American Courage.  One of the things we are honoring is the courage of our veterans.
 So I guess it was kind of appropriate to see the American Courage.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of one of her hatches.
 Looking down her crane.
 After catching her in the Locks, I wanted some better pictures of her.  One of the things I've discovered over the years is that the pictures of ships in the Locks are nice but there are better places to take pictures around the Soo.
Sherman Park is not a bad place for ship pictures but there are better ones.  Sadly, I didn't realize she was coming up because I might have tried to catch her at Mission Point.

No comments: