Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Mighty Paul R. Tregurtha Makes an Appearance

I was not expecting a great weekend when I went up there but I couldn't really complain.  The weather was nice and I saw a bunch of ships.
 One of the ships that I wasn't expecting to see was the Paul R. Tregurtha.  I thought she would be gone by the time I woke up.  Happily that was not the case.  I saw that she was still in the Poe Lock, so after a quick shower and packing up, I headed over to the Locks to catch her.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A nice reflection of her in the MacArthur lock.
 I'm not sure what the park is called, but I headed there next.  I was able to catch her as she left the locks.  I was also able to catch the supply ship loading her up.
 For some reason, the Ojibway reminds me of a remora on the side of a shark.
 She is passed by a tug.
 Next I headed over to Mission Point.
 A shot of her bow.
 And her pilothouse.
 She heads down the River.
 One more set of shots at Four Mile Beach.
 I believe she was delivering coal to the St. Clair Power Plant as that is her normal voyage.

No comments: