Thursday, May 28, 2015

The John G. Munson Appears

I was not positive that I would see the Munson because I wanted to head over to Tahquamenon Falls but since she was so close, I decided to stick around to catch her.
 With the Arthur M. Anderson undergoing some work this year, the Munson, Callaway and Clarke are the AAA freighters that are wandering around.  All four of these ships are very similar in appearance and were made around the same time.  They are all powered by a steam turbine, so they are throwbacks in many ways.
 They are all very nice looking ships though and I do like to catch them as much as possible.  As I've said in other posts, I'm not sure how much longer they will be around.  Hopefully the will remain around long enough that it doesn't mater for me.
 Like so many of the Great Lakes ships, they are very busy during the shipping season. 
 She continues down the river.
 I decided to catch her at Four Mile Beach.
 An almost beam shot of her.
 A definite beam shot.

One more shot of her.

No comments: