Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mission Hill

Mission Hill is just outside of Brimley, MI on the highway that follows along the lake shore from Brimley to Paradise.  I'd never been there before but I will definitely stop there again.
 Mission Hill is on hill overlooking the mouth of the St. Marys River.  I think the lake slightly to the front is called Spectacle Lake.  I would imagine because it looks like a pair of glasses.  I would also venture to guess that Mission Hill is so named because there was a missionary there but don't quote me on that.
 There was a memorial at the overlook point, but someone removed the plaque.  I thought the symbols around it looked pretty cool though.  This is an otter.
 Snapping turtle.
 Bear.
 Eagle.
The other side of the Lake.  If you look in the river to the back, you might see a pair of ships.

No comments: