Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Huron Belle Passes By

I decided to head up to Port Huron after voting on the State Proposal to come up with some money to supposedly fix the roads.  The measure got shot down big time and I honestly can't say that I'm surprised.  Yes, the roads need fixing but people aren't going to support the convoluted mess that was Proposal 1.  It was going to raise the sales tax to 7% and eliminate the sales tax on fuel purchases.  It was going to offset that with an increase in the gas tax.  There were many good things on this bill but it was still a convoluted mess.
 What does that have to do with boats you ask?  Nothing except that if the roads get worse, we may be taking boats to work.
 Which I guess wouldn't argue with that.  After all, these guys take a boat to work.  Actually, I'm not sure if they are taking a pilot to the ship or returning one from the ship.
 At anyrate, it was a fairly nice night for it.
 I'm kind of happy with these shots.
And one more.

No comments: