Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Detroit Lions Vs. the Minnesota Vikings

So I went to the Lions game today. This would have been the second time I've been to a Lions game at Ford field, but the last time I attempted to go, they had a problem with the lens on my camera (it was too long) and because of other circumstances, I couldn't get into the game. So I decided I wasn't going to go to a Lions game again (as that was during the 0-16 season, that was a pretty easy decision on my part). This year, the Lions were actually showing signs of promise and it looks like they eased their restrictions on lens at Ford field. So I decided to go.
They were playing the Minnesota Vikings, so I might have been able to see Brett Favre in his last game but that was not to bed.

This is Jahvid Best making a run. He is one of their rookie players this year but he didn't quite make the impact they were hoping for.

Here he is making a cut to get by a couple of Viking defenders.

This is Scheffler making a catch. He would make it all the way to the goal-line only to fumble the ball there.

In the back is Adrian Peterson starting to make a run. He didn't do so well in this game.

One of my favorite football shots....the lineups.

Jahvid Best during another run.

One of the Lion players about to wear a Viking after a catch.

Another shot of the pre-snap. This time the Lions have the ball.

Shaun Hill making a pass. He was brought in as a backup for Stafford who was a rookie last year and has spent the bulk of both years injured. When Stafford is playing, he is good but we'll see.

The Vikings' quarterback as he's about to get sacked.

Another run by Best.

Another run by Peterson.

This is Maurice Morris as he is about to run it in for a touchdown.

The Vikings' Quarterback as he is about to get sacked by Suh. Suh is another rookie that the Lions picked up...and he is a beast. I am hoping that he is the player they can build a defense around. He is that good.

This was part of the last play at the game where the Vikings lateralled about 5 times or so. Unfortunately for them, one of them was a forward pass, so even if they had scored, it would been all for naught.

And a shot of the scoreboard...the Lions actually won the game. This would be their fourth win in a row. Even though I have been here before, I think this bodes well for next season.

4 comments:

Clarice Starling said...

And so remind me... Why do the f-ing Lions bother to play at all? I realize the Lions won this game (and the 3 prior to that) but whenever I watch a game between them and anyone else... Well, it's almost for sure they are going to lose. Don't kill me. Just accept the fact that the Detroit Lions will never, ever, ever, ever make it to the playoffs, much less the Superbowl. ;-)

Mikoyan said...

Back in the 90's, the Lions were actually pretty good. Even made the playoffs once. Then Millen took over.

Clarice Starling said...

I have been a long suffering Charger's fan. They do great and then they always disappoint right before the playoffs or during the playoffs. It's a curse. They threw the season away this year. Without fail I end up swearing I wont sit through another season. Dan Fouts never made it to the Superbowl and he was one of the most deserving quarterbacks to ever play the game. Phil Rivers was playing great this season but injuries to wide receivers killed us....

Mikoyan said...

I'd tell you a tale of woe of being a Lions fan, but I'll spare you.