Friday, January 7, 2011

Ducks in the Winter

As I was taking pictures of the dam, I didn't bring my large zoom lens with me but I saw all these ducks milling about around the dam. The snow on their backs captured my eye, so I had to go back to the car to get my longer lens.

This is a shot of a pair of mallards. The orangish glow is from the light on the dam.

Another mallard.

This is a female mallard, I couldn't tell what was in her mouth but I kind of liked the shot.

A male mallard with a ton of snow on his back. He looked cold.

Another mallard.

Another female mallard.

I think this is the same mallard but from a different angle.



Male and female mallards.

1 comment:

Srsly Me said...

The ducks always look so cold - aren't their feathers oily, to make them kind of "weather proof"? Plus the ducks are like mini-heaters, themselves. But still - given a choice, I'm sure the ducks would prefer warmer weather, too :-)