Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Road To Nowhere....

And the road to somewhere....

Today's Assignment was "Make a photograph featuring a path, road, or trail that leads the eye through the photograph." The only tough part about this was having enough time after work to get a picture of one before it was too dark.

I was going up to the office in Troy today, so as I was heading in and stopped at the I-275/696 interchange, I decided to take a picture there. It covers the assignment and looks fairly interesting. I figured I would be able to get this shot with little trouble because it's always backed up here.

So I decided to head home via Woodward Avenue tonight. Even though I have a ton of pictures of Woodward Avenue, I can never really get tired of it. Besides, this is probably one of the better views of the Detroit skyline. This is a couple blocks south of the Detroit Institute of Arts.

This is another shot looking down Woodward but a little further into town.

This shot is just past Comerica Park.

Since I was in the area, I figured I would get a picture of the Sailor's and Soldier's Monument.

This is another sort of path. I kind of like the look of looking down a row of shops.

This is looking west on Michigan Avenue.

No comments: