Friday, January 7, 2011

Zappa - Sutures Removed and Much Better

I don't show enough pictures of my cat on this blog this to be one of those, "Oh look at puddy puddy", so I'm not worried that this is going to become one of those blogs.
But anyways, as I mentioned a few weeks ago. I got back from a trip to California and I noticed that my cat's ear was puffed out. So I took him to the emergency vet, he removed the fluid buildup in his ear. A couple of days later, a good friend of mine took him to the cat clinic where she works...Country Cat Clinic. They drained fluid out of his ear and told me that I needed to bring him back. So I did and they put a hard plastic thing behind his ear and bandaged it up. A couple weeks later, the bandages came off and he seemed to be on the road to recovery. So today, the hard plastic thing on his ear was removed. So he's much much happier.

He couldn't really lay this way because of the thing on his ear, I'm not sure if you can see but it still looks a little raw but that's to be expected.

The ear on the right is the one that had the problem. I hope that it springs back like the other ear but I get the impression that it wont. Oh well, at least I wont have to name him "Old One Ear".

As I said, the ear on the right still looks a little raw but the vet said that it will get better.

Again, a million thank yous to Country Cat Clinic. They are awesome and they got Zappa back to his normal self. The vet there is awesome. If you live in the Ann Arbor area, give them a try.

6 comments:

Srsly Me said...

Oh poor kitty! Well, at least he didn't have the cone of shame :-)

Anonymous said...

Are they in the yellow pages? Zappa sure looks happier without the bandage on his ear.

Christopher List said...

I second the recommendation. They did a great job with my cat as well as the two cats of my old roommate. He'd used a place out on Ann Arbor-Saline road for a bit. After he visited the Country Cat Clinic, he was sold and used them. I can't say enough good things about them.

Bigasshammm said...

Haha He's sporting a nice Goattie! Glad he's ok though. Before I met my wife I had never had cats and always had dogs. Now I don't want a dog in the house give me more cats!

Clarice Starling said...

How is the Zappa?

He is a good looking cat. Better looking than Frank was.... and probably not as cantankerous... :-)

Mikoyan said...

The Zappa is doing well....

There is probably a post upcoming as his ear starts to look more normal.