Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Stop at Belanger Park

I saw that the Roger Blough would be passing by Detroit this evening, so I decided to head to Belanger Park because I wasn't sure if I would have enough light as she reached Detroit.  It is actually a pretty nice park for shipwatching.
 Normally the park charges an admission but they don't start that until after April 1st.  I guess that's good because it keeps some of the riff raff out.  This is a fake lighthouse set up for the park.  It looks pretty nice.
 Looking up at the tower.  The sky looked pretty interesting tonight.
 Looking up the tower.  I'm wondering if this lighthouse is based on another one somewhere else.
 One more shot of the Lighthouse.
 The River Rouge Power Plant.  It is a coal fired plant run by DTE Energy (formerly Detroit Edison).  I'm not sure how old it is though.
 The Isa which is owned by Polsteam.  I believe she has been on this blog before.  She is a Polish owned freighter.  One of many ocean going vessles that find their way to the Lakes.
 I caught a glimpse of the switcher car at the Great Lakes Steelworks.  Unfortunately, my light was waning too much.
 The Stormont, which is a Canadian tug.  If my memory serves me correctly, she's been on this blog before because I think she pushes the Truck Ferry.
 Another angle of the Isa.  I'm hoping to get my passport soon because I would like some different angles of Detroit.
 A pair of Canada Geese.
 And a single Canada Goose.
 The other grain elevator across the river.
Belanger also gives a pretty nice angle of Detroit.

As I was looking at Marine Traffic, I was coming to the realization that if I wanted to catch the Blough and still get pictures of her, I would have to head to another park.  So I went to Bishop Park in Wyandotte.

No comments: