Thursday, March 28, 2013

Michigan Exposures Welcomes Back an Old Friend

Like I said in my first post tonight, I saw that the Roger Blough would be passing by this way tonight.  I missed her as she passed by yesterday morning (it would have been too early anyway to get pictures).  But sadly, the light was waning as I was waiting around Belanger, so I decided to head over to Bishop Park in Wyandotte.
 Bishop Park is a pretty nice park but not really for ship watching.  On one side, you have the end of Grosse Ile and on the other you have another island, so there is a very small window for watching the ships.  But I didn't care because I'd get to see my favorite ship again.  It was pretty cool.
 The other problem with Bishop is that the channel is not as close as other places in the area.  Since the light was waning and I didn't have a tripod, I couldn't really use my big lens, so my pictures seem like I'm taking them from Mackinaw.  She appears more fully from the behind the island.
 Still my favorite ship angle, but I am starting to like some of the oblique angles that I can get in other places.
 It was still cloudy, so I wasn't getting the golden light that I was hoping for.  But it was still a pretty calm day.
 She inches her way in front of me.
 And slowly the sun started the appear.
 I kind of wish I would have this amount of light when she was more in front of me but oh well.  Like I said, I was happy to see her again.
And just like that, she's gone.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to see her again.

Like I said, I'm gonna try to take less ship pictures but I will make an exception for the Blough.  I would love to catch her in Ohio sometime, but I'm not sure how the harbor is laid out there.  I know Gary isn't really suited for a picture of her though.

No comments: