Saturday, March 9, 2013

The EMU Convocation Center

Eastern Michigan plays basketball at the Convocation Center.  It was built near the football stadium and is a pretty nice facility.  One of the knocks on it is that it is a bit of a hike from campus and therefore not as many students will attend the games.  I'm not so sure about that one.
 The view of the Convocation Center as I emerged from the trail.  There are better views of the building than this one but I didn't get them this time.  I think I've posted them before.
 One of the entrances leading to the viewing area.
Construction started in 1997 and it was opened with a game against the University of Michigan Wolverines on December 9, 1998.  It was designed by Rosetti Architects.
 The stadium has a capacity of 8,824.
There is a ring of stadium boxes between the lower and upper levels.  Like I said, it is a pretty neat facility, although I don't agree with the practice of stadium boxes for college teams.

No comments: