Monday, March 11, 2013

Parker Mill Park

Yesterday was a nice enough day but Daylight Saving Time had me a little beat.  A friend called me and asked if I wanted to meet him at Parker Mill Park and I said yes because otherwise I wouldn't have done anything yesterday.
 Parker Mill is on Geddes Road and is almost as the corner of Geddes and Dixboro.  I haven't spent a ton of time there but it seems to be a fairly nice park.  I'm wondering if it would provide a means for me to get to the Superior Dam.  I'll have to explore that at some point.  The above picture is of the mill to be on this site.  I've actually taken pictures of it before when it was open.
 The smaller building is the old cider mill.  It now houses a small museum.
 A log cabin.  I'm not sure if this is an original residence or something else.
 The trails behind the mill are actually pretty nice.  They run along Fleming Creek.  This was one of the spots that created a psuedo-waterfall.
 The above shot with the shutter speed slowed down.  I think I like these sort of shots with a slower shutter speed.  Gives more of a illusion of rushing water.
 Another spot of a pseudo-waterfall.
 Closer in to that spot.  I think  I really like this picture.
 Another spot of rushing water, I tried to use the trees to frame it.
 I really like pictures of pebbles through the water.  It reminds me of a bunch of drawings my mom did.  Sometimes the shots work....
 And sometimes they don't.
 I kind of like the texture in this one, although the edges are a little blurry.
I think I would like this one more if the branches weren't in the way.
 I really like this one, but I may have to come back to try it again.
 A railroad bridge near the back of the property.  With proper timing, I might be able to get a Wolverine picture.
 A moss covered rock.
And one more pseudo-fall.

No comments: