Monday, March 25, 2013

And Ojibway Makes Six....

And so we get to the last ship of the day.  She is another of my favorites because she was built in my hometown.
 This is one that I caught as I was taking pictures of the Arthur Anderson.  She was pulling out of one of the docks in Windsor.  So after I took my last shot of the Anderson, I beat feet back to Belle Isle in the hopes of catching her.  Those hopes were diminished a bit as I got caught in some traffic for the CCHA game at Joe Louis but providence was with me.  I don't think I could have asked for a better shot.  The sun setting, the ship moving along.
 Although she was moving a little to slow for my tastes.  But still, the sky looked cool.
 And she looms larger in the viewfinder.
 This is one of the things I don't like about Auto Mode at dusk.  It brightens things up too much for my tastes.  I prefer a slightly darker sky, but I guess it did bring out the ship.
 And slowly she chugs along.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
 I moved down the platform a bit.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
And one more shot before she heads off to the Great North somewhere.

And there you have my day of shipwatching.  I hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

tugboathunter said...

I really like that first photo. Also, you caught both her and the Kam on their first trips of the season. Happy sailing!