Friday, May 10, 2013

Along the Banks of the Mighty Huron River

My friend had to pick up his car in Dexter, so I took him over to get it.  Decided to go by way of Huron River Drive.  It was a nice little drive.
 The banks of the river are greening up fairly nicely.
 However, what prompted me to stop was the fact that I saw the Wolverine loading at the train station.  I was hoping that I could get this shot.
 I believe this bridge was built in 1876 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio. These were basically pre-assembled bridges and were brought by train.  In fact, it wasn't too far from train tracks. 
 I do love the looks of a truss bridge though.
 A straight on shot of the bridge.
And a shot of the plaque.  There aren't too many examples of this style of bridge of bridge in the world and amazingly two of them are fairly close to each other.

No comments: