Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Windblown at Point Iroquois

One of my favorite stopping points on the route between the Soo and Paradise is the Point Iroquois Lighthouse.  It's a nice place to stretch legs and it's a pretty cool looking lighthouse.
 I've covered the history of her several times in the past, so I'm not going to get into that here.  Like I said, she's a beautiful lighthouse in a fairly beautiful place.
 I'm not sure what the speed of the winds were but they made for a pretty cold jaunt around the grounds.  So I didn't want to dally around too long.  But for some reason, this picture is a very Michigan looking picture with the birch and the pine tree.
 As you can see, the trees kind of adapt to the wind.
 A shot from sort of the front of the ligthhouse.
 In case you didn't get enough wave pictures in the last set.
 I think this one gives you a little more idea of the size of waves we are talking about here.
 A shot of the lighthouse from almost the front of it.
 I really like the boardwalk they have here.
 Looking up at the tower.  It was alot easier than the first one I posted on this blog.  I remember that one because I was walking through a pretty serious amount of snow.
 And the flag was almost straight out.
And a shot of the lighthouse from the road.

No comments: