Monday, May 6, 2013

Return to the Cherry Blossoms

The other thing that got me out of my slump yesterday was going to meet a friend on Belle Isle.  He wanted to get pictures of the cherry blossoms.
 After taking pictures of the Barker, I had to get a shot of the Detroit Skyline from the fishing pier.    I like this particular vantage point.  You get some aspects of Belle Isle in the picture, like the Conservatory Dome.
 A shot of the Skyline from another part of Belle Isle.  I wish the water were a little calmer.  One of these days, I guess.
 A shot of the MacArthur Bridge.
 The Detroit Police Boat.
 A closeup of the skyline.  The Detroit skyline is still one of my favorites.
 Looking down the row of cherry trees.  Sadly, it is has been pretty busy, so the shots aren't the greatest.
 Looking up at the sky.
 Sadly, I don't think the blossoms aren't going to be around much longer as you can see by the petals in the water here.
 A closeup of the blossoms.
 Another...
 I really like this one with all the pinks and reds in it.
 Another shot of the blossoms themselves.
 Another group of blossoms, this one has a few more reds and pinks.
 If you thought I was kidding about the number of petals in the water.
 I tried to get a shot where the petals led into the trees.  Not sure about this one though.
 Another shot of the Scott Fountain.  Sadly, the scaffolding in the back gets in the way.
 A shot of the trees against the water.  Sadly, the water wasn't calm enough.
 A shot of the blossoms with other blossoms in the background.
 One more shot of the trees.  Until next year, I guess.
 The Detroit Grand Prix is coming up.  It is making getting around the island, difficult.
 One of the camera areas.
 And for a brief moment, I can pretend I'm a race car driver.
 Getting a little closer to the sign.
For all the times I've visited Belle Isle, I've never actually got a shot of the entrance sign.  Well, that problem is corrected.

No comments: