Saturday, May 4, 2013

Okay with the James L. Kuber

After the Blough, I decided to head up to Port Huron.  I was hoping that I would catch her again there but that was not to be.  As it was, I ended up catching a few other ships.
 As I was coming up to the park, I saw the James L. Kuber near the approach.  I had to move fast and I was mostly able to get the headshot.
 I'm not a huge fan of the tug/barges but it's still technically a ship.  Last time I saw this one, she was still dressed in red.  She's finally been painted in the Lower Lakes colors and I'll have to say that she looks pretty nice this way.  She'd still look nicer as a laker but as Mick Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want".
 A shot of her pilothouse.  She looks excited or something.
 A little pulled back.
 A shot with the Bluewater Bridge in the background.
 And a shot of her bow.
 She is pushed by the tug Victory.  I would love to see what she looks like without the barge portion.
As she slowly makes her way down the river.
 One more shot before moving on to the next ship.

1 comment:

tugboathunter said...

Was it Mick Jagger who started that one? Nice shots anyhow, now I know what she looks like in her new colors.