Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Experimenting with the St. Clair

After missing the Blough at Sherman Park, I decided to head back to the Locks in order to catch the St Clair as she was locking down.  I didn't miss her in the locks.
 This was from roughly when I was shooting pictures of the Blough.
 I love the looks of a ship as she is waiting to enter the Locks.
 When I got back, the St. Clair was already in the Poe Lock and almost on her way out.  So I decided to get just a couple of shots so that I could get her further down on the St. Marys River.
 She was almost ready to leave the locks.
 So I had to move fairly quickly.
 The nice thing about boatwatching is that you don't have to move that quickly.  It was another 15 minutes or so before she came into view.  As you can see, the weather was still being  uncooperative.
 Very uncooperative.  I had to keep cleaning off my lens because the snow and rain was so thick.
 But I think it made for an interesting soft focus shot.
 And she was more in view.
 It was cold.
 And then I decided to take some shots through my window.  I had a calendar of New York pictures and they did this for a couple of shots.  I kind of like the effect.
 The ship a little more in focus.
 Another shot without the window.
 I tried to get the rain drops on my window a little more in focus but that left the ship pretty out of focus.
 I tried to get a little of each in focus.
 She slowly works her way down the river.
Giving me a Pure Michigan shot.  Sadly, this is may still.

No comments: