Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Along the Way on the Coast Starlight

Just a couple of pictures while we are stopped in Portland, OR.  They have a pretty cool looking train station here.
 And the station itself lends some pretty sound advice.  I think that everyone should take at least one train trip in their life.  Even if it is just the trip from Detroit (or wherever) to Chicago.  It is a very relaxing and pleasant way to travel (for the most part).  If you do that, just remember that the distance trains are just that much nicer.  No getting packed like a sardine in one of these babies.
This was another train that was waiting at the station.  I'm thinking that this is possibly the other half of the Empire Builder but I am not sure.

I'll try to make another post tonight but we will see how the celluar gods cooperate with me.

No comments: