Friday, August 14, 2015

A Little Bit of Courage...American Courage Anyway

I was going to leave after the Saginaw but I saw that there would be another ship coming up shortly after her.  I figured six ships was better than five ships, so I stuck around for a bit.
 That particular ship was the American Courage.  She was coming up from Cleveland.
 And she was heading up to Calcite which is sort of near Rogers City.  She will probably pick up a load of stone.
 The head on shot.
 The American Courage is part of a class of ships called the River Class.  They were specifically designed for the Cuyahoga River.  They are fairly maneuverable and need to be in order to wind their way through the Cuyahoga.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 I kind of like this shot.
 Another ship...another beam shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she heads out into Lake Huron.

No comments: