Saturday, August 8, 2015

The CSL Laurentian Passes Port Huron

The ship that I was more confident I would catch is the subject of this post.
 The ship in question is the CSL Laurentian and she is pictured here as she starts to come off Lake Huron.
 The ships have to make a series of turns to make their way into the channel.
 Here she is approaching the Blue Water Bridge.
 She is starting to make her turn towards the channel.
 This gives a chance for a head shot.
 She makes her turn towards the channel and starts to pass on.
 I kind of liked the clouds in this one.  Sadly, the sun was behind the clouds for these shots because I think it would have been perfect otherwise.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
She continues on the St. Clair River.  I believe she is heading for Nanticoke where she will deliver either iron or coal.

No comments: