Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Sturgeon Falls Update

It's been a while since I've posted an update of my model train setup.  But then again, it's also been a while since I've gotten any new cars or engines.
 When I headed up to Clare a couple of weeks ago, I decided to stop at the hobby shop in Flint.  I was just going to look around but then I saw this engine.  Since it was the Ann Arbor Railroad, I decided to pick it up.  As I was poking around the blog, I saw that I have pictures of the real locomotive.
 Although this engine is in much better shape.   It would be tempting to make it look more beat up.
 This is one of the engines that I've had for a while but I like the scheme.
 I ended up picking up this engine because of my cat's name.  Since this is a predecessor to CSX, it fits well on that engine.  Although I should make it look more beat up.
 It is very rare to see cabooses on trains these days.   I think they are cool, so I have it on mine.
 A caboose that portrays the Operation Lifesaver symbol.  They are a group that educates the public about rail safety and they do a pretty good job.
 I've had this one for a while, but I can't resist a picture of a steam engine.
 From an oblique angle.
 Probably my favorite angle for a train but I try to get it from a curve or something so that I'm not in the way of the train.
 A new Great Northern car.
 Three of my engines waiting in the yard.
Another one of my favorite engine schemes.

One of these years I will finish my setup.

No comments: