Monday, August 24, 2015

The Capt. Henry Jackman Passing St. Clair

So I decided to do a little boatwatching on Saturday.  I couldn't do as much as I wanted because I had a family gathering to go to later that night.  It was a fairly busy day too.
 The first ship that I caught up to was the Capt. Henry Jackman as she was about to pass St. Clair.  She's been on this blog a few times before, so I'm not going to go into her details.
 She was repainted last year but you can barely tell that.  That's a pretty good indication of how hard these ships are worked though.
 The Canadian ships are especially worked pretty hard.  They make several trips through the Welland Canal and the Soo Locks.  That gives plenty of opportunities for scraping of paint.
 A beam shot as she passes.
And she continues on her way.  I'm not sure where she was heading though.

No comments: