Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Long Distance Planewatching

After watching the crows for a bit, I decided to scan the skies for birds of a different sort.  The winds must have been right because the planes were taking off almost right over me (albeit at a few more thousand feet than I'm used to).
 First up was the Delta 747 that was flying to Narita Airport in Tokyo, Japan.
 Next up was a Singapore International Airlines 777 flying to somewhere.  It didn't originate at Detroit Metro Airport, so I'm not sure where it was coming from or heading to.  It was still pretty neat to see.
 Next up is a Southwest 737 taking off from Metro Airport.  By the time they are flying over Ann Arbor, they are pretty high in the air.
 As I was about to head out, I saw that there was a 757 passing by.  Of course I had to take a picture of that.
Then there was an American Airlines Embrear 170 that was passing through.  Again, I'm not sure where it was heading.
The last plane was a Delta Airlines Airbus A320.

While I prefer the more up close and personal view from the airport, distance watching can be nice in a pinch.  Especially when the skies are as clear as they were at lunch.

No comments: