Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Calumet Passes Belle Isle

After catching the Queen and other planes, I decided to get some boatwatching in.  I haven't done as much boatwatching this year as I have in years past but then again, it doesn't seem like I've done much on my blog as I have in past years.  Anyway, I decided to head down to Belle Isle.
 The first ship that I caught is actually one of the first ships I caught when I started doing some serious boatwatching.  The Calumet was on her way to Cleveland, Ohio but I'm not sure what she was carrying.
 I'll admit, it is much easier to catch ships now that I have MarineTraffic.  Seven years doesn't seem like alot of time but when I first caught the Calumet, I had to rely on a log on boatnerd.  Since that was based on someone's really good estimate, there were some ships that I ended up missing.
 Now that I under the patterns a little bit, I can predict fairly well when I will catch a ship.  Although there are times that I miss.
 Anyway, she is one of my favorite stern pilothouse ships.  She still reminds me of a warship with her sleekness.
And she continues on her way.

No comments: