Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Brief Stop at Marblehead

On Saturday I decided to do something a little bit on the crazy side.  I decided that I wanted to see the Flight 93 Memorial in Pennsylvania.  I ended up taking Ohio Route 2 to Cleveland and then catching the Turnpike there.
 Taking Ohio Route 2 meant a stop at both Magee Marsh and Marblehead.  I didn't see anything at Magee and I saw this tugboat heading out as I reached Marblehead.
 The John Francis is owned by the George Gradel Company out of Toledo, Ohio.  It was built in 1965 at Bollinger Shipbuilding in Lockport, LA as the Dad.  In 1998, she became the Creole Eagle.  In 2003, she was acquired by her current owners and given her new name.
 The Marblehead Lighthouse is across Sandusky Bay from Cedar Point.




I was hoping to get some pictures of the lighthouse but it looks like they are in the process of doing some renovating on her.  Given her age, it is probably much needed.
A shot of her tower.

No comments: