Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The Arthur M. Anderson Unloads in Cleveland

I'm getting caught up to the weekend before last.  Like I've said in previous posts, I've had no problem going out to take my pictures.  I've had problems when I came to writing about my posts.
 Anyway, on Saturday August 24th, I checked out AIS and I saw that the Arthur M. Anderson was heading down.  When I saw that she was passing Port Huron, she updated her destination to be Cleveland.
 As I did the math, I figured that I had plenty of time to catch her as she entered Cleveland Harbor.
 That of course was based on me getting up early enough.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  I was able to catch her as she backed into the dock.  As it was, I think I got some pretty nice pictures of her.
 I don't normally like pictures of docked boats, but these aren't too bad.
 As she is about to unload stone.
 From another place on Whiskey Island.
 She is a little obscured by the trees though.
 One more shot from this angle.
 I headed over to another spot where I could get some stern shots.
 I don't normally like stern shots but I do like pictures that give a sense of place.
Especially when you can see the skyline in the background.

No comments: