Monday, September 16, 2019

A Lazy Sunday at the Airport

I didn't really feel like doing much last Sunday.  By the time I woke up, most of the ships had passed either Detroit or Port Huron.  I didn't want to go down to seek out the train.  So I went for my default activity of late.  I headed over to the airport to do some spotting for a bit.
 First up was an A321 from Frontier Airlines.
 It was Spot the Jaguar and it was arriving from Las Vegas.
 Next up was a 717 arriving from New Orleans.  Pretty soon, this aircraft will be all that is left of the DC-9 legacy.
 A United E175 arriving from Chicago O'Hare Airport.
 One of the planes that I was hoping to catch.  I wasn't sure if she was going to land on the 22s near me or the other side of the airport.
 Fortunately, she landed on the side that I was hoping for.  It was a Lufthansa A340 arriving from Frankfurt.
 I was happy to see the next plane.
 It was of course my favorite plane.
 It was the first of a trio.  This one was arriving from San Francisco.
 An Alaska Airlines 737 arriving from Seattle.  One of these years, I would like to catch their Salmon Three Salmon.
 An A320 arriving from Mexico City.
 Another angle of that plane.
 This is another plane that I was hoping to catch but I was more positive it would land on the runway I was near.
 It of course is the plane I affectionately call the "Trash Panda".
 This plane was arriving from Narita Airport in Japan.
 It was followed by another 757.
 This particular one arriving from LAX.  It was during this weekend that they had a spotters' gathering in LAX.  I may try to attend next year.
 A Delta Airlines 737 arriving from Minneapolis.
 I love catching these guys.  This particular one was arriving from Queretaro, Mexico.  Queretaro is northwest of Mexico City and has a Honda plant nearby.
 An A321 arriving from San Diego.  This particular one is N357DN, so I will call it the Magnum plane.
 I had one more 757 to catch.
 It was arriving from Seattle.
Probably my favorite angle.

No comments: