Sunday, September 15, 2019

A Stop at Wolf Lake Hatchery

It was my cousin's birthday last weekend, so we went over to Kalamazoo to go celebrate.  I had a little extra time, so I decided to head over to the Wolf Lake Hatchery.  It has been a while since I've been there and it's been even longer since I've had a chance to wander around inside.
The hatchery is about 10 miles or so outside of Kalamazoo.  It is west on M-43.
 I think this is a representation of the largest sturgeon caught in Michigan.  The Wolf Lake Hatchery hatches sturgeon and trout.
 I think this is a representation of the largest trout caught in Michigan.
 A trout fry.
 A younger sturgeon.  I think these are pretty cool looking fish.  For the most part they are harmless but they look dangerous.
 A painted turtle.
 I went back to the trout pond.  It looked much clearer than the last time I went back there. 
 Another one of the trout.  I think these are rainbow trout.  When they reach a certain age, they will be released into the Kalamazoo River.
 I'm not sure what kind of trout this is.
A baby painted turtle.

No comments: