Sunday, September 8, 2019

Scaling the BBC Everest

On Labor Day Saturday, I decided to take my mother down to Ottawa and Magee in order to see the American Lotus.  We had a little time, so I headed over to Belle Isle to catch a couple ships.  One of them was a salty and I haven't seen too many of those this year.
 First up was the BBC Everest.  I'm not sure where she was coming from but she was heading to Detroit. 
 As I locked at AIS, it looked like most of the docks around Detroit were full, so I wasn't too sure where she was going to go.
 She kept passing by.  I was assuming that she would be heading to the Nicholson Dock.
 It's kind of neat to see salties on the Great Lakes.  While the companies the represent are all over the world, typically their flags aren't.
 A beam shot.
 She was flagged in Germany, however.
 As it turned out, she had to turn around to enter the Belle Isle anchorage.
As I type this, she is leaving the St. Lawrence System and heading for Antigua.

No comments: