Saturday, August 31, 2019

Catching Up with the Algoma Compass

I stuck around a little longer to catch the next ship as well.
 I think this is the second time catching her as the Algoma Compass.  She used to be the Adam E. Cornelius while she was owned by the American Steamship Company.  I caught her a few times while she was in long term layup in Huron, Ohio.
 At any rate, it is nice to see her in action again because I think she's a pretty nice looking ship.
 She kind of reminds me of the Calumet and Robert S. Pierson but I think she rides in the water higher.
 She kind of has that warship quality about her but not as much.
 And she did look nice in the setting sun.
 She starts to make the turn to enter the river.
 The second head shot.
 Sort of framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 the almost beam shot.
And she continues down the river.

No comments: