Monday, August 12, 2019

Some Thursday Evening Flights

I've decided that Thursday nights are my nights to go planewatching.  It came out of the fact that the Royal Jordanian 787 would arrive in Detroit on Thursday night but that time has changed for now.  I think it goes back to Thursday night soon though.  Anyway, it's been nice lately and it's always nice to catch a few aircraft.
 First up was an A319 heading in from Minneapolis.
 I kind of liked the clouds in the background in this shot, so I posted another of the same plane.
 It was followed by a CRJ-700 arriving from O'Hare.
 A Southwest 737 coming in from Denver.  I like these planes because they bring some much needed color to the skies.
 I forgot that it was race weekend at the Michigan International Speedway.  This ERJ-145 was arriving in Ypsilanti from Statesville, NC for that.  It was pretty neat watching this plane move across the sky as other planes were landing under it.
 This Southwest 737 was arriving from the other airport in Chicago, Midway.
 Again, I liked the clouds in this picture.
 Another ERJ-145 for Willow Run.
 This CRJ-200 was arriving from my hometown of Bay City. 
 Since I don't normally post pictures of CRJs, I did like the clouds in the background of this picture.
 A United ERJ-175 arriving from Newark.
 This is one of many flights that arrive from Amsterdam.  It is an A330.
 An A319 arrives from Monterrey.
 This is an A320neo belonging to Spirit Airlines arriving from Atlanta.  The "neo" stands for new engine option and that program was started by Airbus in 2006.  The program includes the engine and new winglets.  The engines are either CFM International LEAP-1A or the Pratt&Whitney 1000G engines.  The G on the Pratt & Whitney engines means that it is a geared engine.  However, that engine has been having reliability issues, so more planes have been using the LEAP.  Anyway, these improves have led to a 20% increase in fuel efficiency over the older A320.
 An A330 arriving form Nagoya.
 Again, I liked the clouds.
 It was followed by an MD-11 arriving from Memphis.
 It's always nice to see this plane, although I suspect its end may be soon approaching.
 I love the profile of this aircraft.
 An A321 belonging to Spirit Airlines comes in.
 I liked the lighting and beacon on this shot.  She was arriving from Las Vegas.
 A JetBlue E190 arriving from Boston.  It says "Blue by design" under the nose.
 A 717 arriving from Portland, Maine.
 This United E170 was coming in from O'Hare.
 A United 737 arriving from San Francisco.
 An American 737 arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 A Delta A321 arriving from San Diego.
 I liked the beacon on this one.
 A 757 arriving from John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California.
 Another 757.
 This one was the -300 version.
 And it was arriving from Seattle.
 Another CRJ-200.  This one was coming in from Iron Mountain, Michigan.
 This 757 was arriving from Los Angeles.
 I kind of like this angle.
 And definitely the clouds.
The Air France 787 arriving from Paris.

No comments: