Thursday, August 15, 2019

Return to Deshler

On Sunday I decided to head down to Deshler.  It has been close to two years since I've been down there and I was kind of missing it.
 It didn't take too long for a train to appear.
 It was a Union Pacific train heading towards the east.   It was carrying auto racks.
 I'm not normally a fan of stern shots for anything, but I do like this one.
 I think I like this one even more.
 Then I heard the distinctive sound of a train horn to the south.
 It was a CSX engine pulling some rail equipment.
 I think they are installing new rails somewhere.
 And some of the rails.
 And my cats namesake, the Chessie System.
 It wasn't too long before another train appeared.
 This one looked like it was carrying coal cars.  This one was heading to the north.  I think it would have been heading towards Toledo.
 Another train heading to the east.
 And one heading to the west.  According to one of the people at the park, CSX is looking to demolish both the tower and the train station.  I hope they keep the tower at least, you don't see too many of those around.
After a friendly wave from the conductor.
I didn't want to stay long because I got a late start and I didn't want to get home too late.  I saw this train again as I was heading back to the freeway.  It was carrying container cars and I think it was heading to the container loading place in New Baltimore, Ohio.

No comments: