Monday, August 5, 2019

The Herbert C. Jackson on the St Clair River

The next ship was following fairly closely to the Tregurtha.
 I probably wouldn't have attempted to go to Port Huron on Saturday but the fact that I had a chance to catch two classic lakers convinced me.
 The Herbert C. Jackson was on her way to Cleveland but I'm not sure where she was coming from but I'm pretty sure that she was also heading there from Marquette.
 Much like the Tregurtha, she was pretty loaded.  That is one of the benefits of the lakes being as high as they are.
 Probably my favorite angle for ship pictures.
 A shot of her pilot house.
 the almost beam shot.
 And she passes by my park in Marine City.
 And she continues on her way.
 I decided to head down to Algonac to catch her again.  Unfortunately, that park was more under water than the one in Marine City.  I used to be able to shoot from a little beach there but that was gone.
 I was still in a pretty good spot to get some pictures though.
 Again, my favorite angle.
And she continues on her way to the city that rocks.

No comments: